Are you ready to become a better golfer?
The Mistwood Performance Center "Competitive Golfer Program" is a specialized training program for boys and girls interested in preparing for the competitive side of golf. This dynamic and comprehensive program enables young athletes to have fun while acquiring the necessary fundamentals and skills required to improve and excel in the sport. Participation in the Competitve Golfer Program also provides a developmental pathway into our nationally recognized, Committed Athlete Program (CAP) which is by invitation only.
Taught by the regions' top certified instructors including Brian Brodell (2015 Illinois PGA Player of the Year and former Purdue University Golf Coach), John Platt (2016 Illinois PGA Senior Match Play Champion), Chris Ioriatti (PGA Professional), Frank Hohenadel (2011 Illinois PGA Section Champion), Dan Phillips (PGA Teaching & Player Development), and Andy Mickelson (2016 PGA Assistant Championship & 2016 TaylorMade National Champion) the Competitive Golfer Program provides students with a professional, age appropriate coaching and training program.
What to expect in the Competitive Golfer Program:
- To have fun!
- To improve as golfers, students, and people
- To learn to play the best golf both now and in the future
- To interact with other like-minded athletes and families
- Honest and open two-way communication and feedback
- Structured coaching, practice and guidance with a focus on core fundamentals; swing technique, fitness, short game proficiency, course management and mental skills training
- To learn how to play the game - etiquette, scoring, shot selection, event preparation, mental game skills, including strategy and tactics
- Complete support and commitment from the Mistwood Performance Center Staff
Thirty (30) hours of Supervised Group Training
Group practice sessions every Wednesday (December-April) allowing students to work with MPC Coaches and other golfers to improve his or her skills. The coaches, will structure the supervised practice with activities and competitions to increase the players skill, with the ultimate goal of teaching the student how to practice with a purpose.
Every Wednesday 5:30PM - 7:00PM (ages 8-12), 7-8:30pm (ages 13+) at McQ's Golf Dome.
Two (2) 30-Minute Private Lessons
Individual, one-on-one sessions for students to work with an MPC instructor on specific needs and address individual concerns.
2017 Program Benefits
Program members will receive premier pricing on club fitting & golf equipment in the MPC.